SOLD Northdixie Design's Featured
Art Dolls Quarterly Izannah Dolls Available

In the spring, Janie and Temperance traveled to California, where they were photographed to be featured in Art Dolls Qarterly's Autumn 2014 issue.  It was fun to make a smaller and larger doll, and they fit together perfectly, the way sisters do.  I wrote an article about the process I use in making these one of a kind sculpted dolls.  My name is even on the cover.  Click the magazine cover to visit Art Doll Quarterly's site.



Both dolls are SOLD.  


Janie, the little doll in red, measures 9" tall. 

She is a one of a kind doll, sculpted from paper clay  with a stockinette layer over the clay. 
Her dress is made from a Moda fabric. I have used a printed selvedge to create a trim for her dress.  The dress is sewn closed in the back and is NOT removable, unless you unstitch the back.  She wears pantaloons that are stitched from antique lace.

Janie is kind of the apple of my eye, 
and is the second two mini Izannahs I have made.


Janie is SOLD. 

See more images of Janie here



=============================================

Temperance is a Kind Soul 
(She is SOLD) 



For a while I have been working on a pattern from my antique Izannah Walker doll, who measures around 16" tall.  Temperence has been very patient with all my fussing and prototype making.  She is the first doll I've made from this pattern.  She is shaped slightly differently from my first izannah pattern.


Temperance wears a dress made from reproduction cotton quilting fabric.  The dress has a casing and drawstring closure at the neckline.  Temperance wears a petticoat made from antique lace.  She has a body covering underneath the clothing, as original Izannah Walker dolls do.

She is hand sculpted and not made from molds, although I did use measurements from my original antique doll in making her.  She is lovingly painted with quality artist acrylic paints, and does not have a stockinette covering.

Temperance, the doll in brown,
IS SOLD
Shipping within the U. S. is included in the purchase price.
Purchasers outside the United States will pay for shipping as quoted.


Please email me with any questions you have. 
I'm happy to answer them.  northdixie@gmail.com

Contact & Terms

Contact: northdixie@gmail.com

Welcome to my selling site - I'm Dixie Redmond, artist and doll maker and you can see my work at my blog. I will be selling my own creations here as well as occasionally selling antique and vintage items. Vintage and antique items are sold as described and pictured, with no returns. Please ask questions and look at images carefully before purchasing. Questions about items are welcome. Items are shipped within two days of receiving cleared payment.

US Buyers: Items are available for shipping within the continental United States and are shipped via Priority Mail insured. Items sold to Maine residents are subject to sales tax.

International Buyers: If you live outside the United States and would like to purchase an item here, please email me BEFORE purchasing for shipping quotes. I ship Express mail with insurance overseas and I do not mark purchased items as gifts.